In the process of writing this post, it occurred to me: Karaoke songs women want to sing are very different than the songs men want to sing. Just look down this list of popular karaoke songs for women and you'll see emerging themes - litmus tests for true love, broken hearts, survival anthems, vengeance, and how great it is to be a woman.
That makes this list sort of a summary for women all over the country, I'd say. Here are the top 15 in no particular order. Everyone who owns karaoke DJ equipment ought to have these songs in their songbook!
Best Karaoke Songs for Women
- I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
- I Love Rock’n’Roll! - Joan Jett
- Goodbye Earl - The Dixie Chicks
- 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman - Shania Twain
- Like A Prayer - Madonna
- It’s In His Kiss - Cher
- What’s Love Got To Do With It - Tina Turner
- Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
- Complicated - Avril Lavigne
- Think Before he Cheats - Carrie Underwood
- Dancing Queen - Abba
- Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
- Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
- Can't Fight the Moonlight - Lee Ann Rimes
Let me know if you tried a song from the list and how it went at your karaoke night. These songs sound good over a machine karaoke and are generally crowd pleasers. Just leave a comment!